RENATO R. EMBATE JR, DVM
P.G. Department Head
PVO Bldg., Government Center, Brgy. Mankilam, Tagum City, Davao del Norte 8100
Tel Nos: (084)216-6741 / (+63)998-8432-432
Function: Veterinary Services
Program/Activity: General Administration
1. Promote the well-being and optimum production of animals in particular food producing animals through basic animal health and veterinary services.
2. Enhance extension support, education and training of livestock stakeholders on production and post-production technologies and strategies.
3. Implement strict regulatory functions towards the promotion of intensive livestock and poultry production and public health.
4. Provide viable livelihood options to farmers through livestock raising.
5. Promote of climate change adaptation and mitigation livestock production strategies.
The Provincial Veterinarian’s Office will contribute in bringing significant impact towards food security, poverty alleviation and social equity and being the department’s guiding principles, the PVO will take into primary consideration the objective of ensuring that the poorest sector of the society will have the equitable access to resources, income opportunities, basic support services to improve their farm income, generate work opportunities and quality of life of farmers relative to the livestock and poultry industry.
The Provincial Veterinarian’s Office will guarantee the clients and livestock stakeholders of an empowered, highly competent and individuals of untarnished integrity that will compose the workforce in bringing a passionate and responsive veterinary, animal health and livestock support services through a systematic, sustainable and mass-based approach.